Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Feeling swelling on face, hurting chest and something strucked in throat. Suggest some remedy

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 926 Questions
hellomy husband is experiencing a feeling of swelling in his face on the left side but it doesnt look swollen. Also he feels like something is in his throat and the left side of his chest hurts. he is 35,6'3, and about 205. currently not taking any meds.
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 32 minutes later
Hello there,

Thanks for writing in.

These are the following possibilities I can think of :

1.Food allergies: can cause feeling of swelling , and tightness in the throat.
Is he allergic to any food in particular, nuts, shellfish etc? Did he try any new food
yesterday/today? Food allergies are normally treated with anti histamines.

2.GERD/ Gastritis : Any burning sensation in the upper abdomen? Any relation of the pain to food intake? Treated with antacids .

3. Chest pain or Angina/ Heart attack

I would suggest that he visits his doctor and gets an ECG done to rule out a cardiac condition. Check Blood pressure. It would be better to get blood investigations like Kidney function test, blood sugars and lipid profile done.

I hope I have answered your queries .I will be happy to answer any further queries you might have.

In case you don't have any further queries, please accept my answer. Any reviews are welcome.

Have a great day.

Dr.Divya Kuttikrishnan

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor