Feeling strange sensation in arm. Got relief after taking ativan. What is causing this?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 8 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Last night I had a strange feeling in my arm like getting hit in the funny bone that reverberated to my stomach, which felt like a panic attack. I was trying to sleep when it happened. It happened repeatedly, and I was up until 3 a.m. when I took some Ativan and it stopped. YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
The feeling that you had could be due to vitamin B complex deficiency, electrolyte imbalance or anxiety. If it is a one time symptom then there is nothing to worry and you can wait for it to subside spontaneously. In case the feeling is recurrent then taking Vitamin B complex supplements and a mild anti anxiety drug with low day time sedation after consulting your physician will help.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.