Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Feeling stomach ache, bloated and bleeding. CAT scan showed infection in large intestine. What to do?

Jan 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1658 Questions
I was having bad stomache pain upper right quadrant, bloated and bleeding. Dr did cat scan and found that I had infection in several spots in my large intestine and didnt find any hemmroids so I had to take cipro flagyl n zofran lortab for pain and go have a colonoscopy. The colonoscopy only showed XXXXXXX hemmoroids.that was in april but now I am bloated again having pain same place and bleeding when having a bm which is diarrhea but it looks like mucus..I am not sure what to do I dont want to overreact if this is normal..HELP!!!
Posted Wed, 22 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query.

Your colonoscopy is almost normal except XXXXXXX hemorrhoids and doesn't satisfy your abdominal problems.

You may have Gastric problems or acute gastroenteritis involving your small intestine.

You should consult with your treating physician about these possibilities. Your physician has advised few antibiotics, you should first complete the antibiotics course and if your condition is not improved then you should go for UGI endosocpy.

In right upper quadrant, a part of small intestine is present and any ulcer in this region may cause pain and bleeding.

Although possibility of infection is first in your case.

Put your query if you have.

Best regards,

Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor