Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Feeling sore on penis head and foreskin. Not cured by medicine. Any effective cure

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9692 Questions
Have sore on inside of foreskin and smaller one on head of penis. Have lasted now for nearly five months. Will seem to be healing and then will come back. Very painfully. Occasionally will go all the way to an open blister with a small drop of moisture coming out, then heal again. As have had yeast infections in past, treated it as such at start. Refused to heal. Dr suspected herpes, although I have not been in a position to be exposed to herpes in 30 years. 30 days on Milan-valacyciovir has made NO change at all. daily use of Calmoseptine cream, during last 40 days, seems to control pain-and prevent new sores from forming, however does nothing too cure existing sores which continue to contract and expand at their whim?
Mon, 11 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 8 hours later
Thanks for writing to us.

The problem that you have concerned now is what is called as Chronic Balano Posthatitis, which has been embarrassing you over a period of years .
In view of the chronic nature and repeated episodes of infection, I would advise you to get circumcised .This is a very small day care surgery carried out under local anaesthesia. Please consult qualified a Urologist or Surgeon for evaluation and surgery.This will solve your problem for forever.
Hope I have answered your query.Let me know if you have any more questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor