Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Feeling slight pressure behind ear and jaw. Having healthy anxiety. Worried?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1109 Questions
I have sinus/ allergies it seems like the older I get the worse it get. I also have a bit of health anxiety, My question is about a slight dull pressure behind my ear, and jaw. it doesn't seem like my glands are swollen, or really pain but I still can feel a slight pressure in that area. I do not have a stuffy noes, but feel like my ear is slightly pluged up. I had tubes in my ears twice when I was a kid, and this has been going on for about a month, I think it has to do with a high pollen count were I live, as I have had this occasionally for over 2 years mostly in the spring, however like I said I do have health anxity so I seem to dwell on this and I think make it work. Its more of a worry than a pain.
Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 1 hour later

It seems you have a allergic disease.
First of all get ENT consultation and get checked for asthma during the pollen season as nasal allergic disease may lead to asthma.

For sinus disease--
You may need to get done
Examination of nose
CT scan of nose and paranasal sinuses
----- to rule out any anatomic abnormality (anatomic abnormality increase and may even lead to allergic disease ) and any mucosal (skin of nose and sinuses) edema.

Plugged sensation in Ears can be because of many disease for eg.---
1. wax in ears
2. nasal disease
3. reflux disease ie Acidity or heart burn for long time.
To rule out you need
ENT consultation --to get ear examined
Pure tone audiometry (Hearing test)
Impedance audiometry (test to know the disease in middle part of ear)

So get ENT consultation and discuss with your doctor
If in doubt do reply.
get well soon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor