Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Feeling slight discomfort in genitals. Noticed blood in urine. What's wrong?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
doctors dont know whats wrong with my testiclesfor the past several months I have been dealing with a slight discomfort in my genitals. fearing that I contracted an s.t.I. I went and got checked out and came out negative. I decided I'd see a urologist as soon as I was able to. before I was able to I began urinating a little bit of blood before any urine came out. worried, I went to the hospital e.r. I received a prostate exam which came out normal. I was given an ultra sound of my testicles which came back normal and gave a urine sample which has shown no sign of bacteria. I still get discomfort toward that back of my testicles near the glands. my ultra sound did show a little bit of calcium build up in the back. as of recently, something weird that has been happening is when I I ejaculate it is a massive amount of liquid but it is mixed with blood. I am very worried yet doctors do not know what is wrong with me
Posted Wed, 25 Jul 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 6 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
If your tests are normal, then its unlikely that you have a sexually transmitted infection. STI's will usually cause some amount of swelling,ulceration and pain or discharge. Also, they can be detected using different tests like PCR on urine samples and urethral samples. Given your condition, I would suggest that the next step forward is a urethroscopy which can look for a local problem in the urethra.
If this is negative, then we can follow up with a cystoscopy.
Having blood in your urine and ejaculate is definitely not normal and needs to be evaluated.
Hope this helps
Let me know if I can address any more concerns
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor