Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Feeling slight chest congestion, fever, body pain and slight cough. What treatment should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1969
Answered : 17665 Questions
slight chest congestion.. feverish.. body pain ..slight cough ..
Posted Sun, 2 Sep 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 34 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

It seems that you might be having viral infection giving rise to this problem.

Wait for 3-4 days and take cough suppressant and paracetamol for fever and cough. If there is no improvement, then go for CBC (complete blood check up) for bacterial infection. Then you may require antibiotic medicine course. Consult your doctor for antibiotic treatment if required.

Hop, I answered your query. If you have further query or clarification, please ask. I will be happy to help.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor