Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Feeling sick and pain in belly. Getting headache. Suggest the remedy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1649 Questions
my son is 19 he hascome hoe from work feeling sick with pain in his belly and his bum he also gets headache and gets warm. his girlfriend says it has been gong on like this for 3-4 months now.
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
May not be meningitis.Needs further evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Hi thanks for using XXXXXXX

Since he is suffering from 3 months he needs to be further evaluation. There are many cause that may present with these symptoms. So I like to exclude different possibilities based on the presentation and investigations where ever required.

1. Head ache and getting warm (fever) may be due to any infection in the body. Need not to be from meningitis.
Meningitis usually associate with irritability, vomiting, seizures, neck rigidity, high grade fever and other neurological signs and symptoms. So only head ache and getting warm may not be meningitis.

2. Fever and head ache with pain abdomen and in bums for 3-4 months may be due to immunodeficiency or any chronic infection. Since the symptoms are chronic and not related each other they may be due to multiple reasons also. Hence needs further evaluation using general physical examination by your board certified physician and may require few investigations like USG abdomen and pelvis, complete haemogram, WIDAL, HIV, HBsAg and urine routine.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them.
Wish you a very happy life and good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor