Feeling sick and nausea 3 days after sex. Cause?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 18 Jun 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: I am a male 3 days after unprotected sex felt nausea & hot fush n sick any ideas?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
The feeling of flushes, nausea and generalized sickness in the absence of any discharge, burning sensation in urethra, redness, irritation, ulcer or sore, pain or blood during ejaculation, pain in the genitalia, etc is not likely to be due to any STD.
The symptoms that you have are more likely to be due to a generalized viral infection. This is likely to subside with mild pain killers like acetaminophen and a healthy diet in next 5-7 days.
In case the symptoms are persistent or any new symptoms appear then do consult a physical for a detailed physical evaluation and necessary tests.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.