Feeling sharp pain in uterus and having fluttery sensation. What could be the problem?

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 31 Dec 2012 in Women's Health
Question: a few days ago i felt a sharp pain in my uterus area and ever since i have had a fluttery stomach feeling and i have been urinating alot more that usual. I have ovarian failure so it isn't early signs of pregnancy what else could it be?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 11 minutes later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Usually such symptoms are caused by simple abdominal pain appears which can radiate to the back or groin, burning when urinating and frequent urinating. Sometimes fever appears.
Such symptoms can be also caused by urinary tract stones, uterus infection or another ovarian cyst.
It is advisable for you to have some diagnostics. Abdominal ultrasound, full blood work and urine analysis should be performed.
If it is urinary tract infection, you should get prescribed with antibiotics. More water intake is also advisable.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.