Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Feeling pulsation in eyes and hearing heartbeat in ears. Which specialist should I consult?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 711 Questions
Hi, I have been experiencing for about the last 6 months or so what feels and sounds like my heart beating in my ears, I also feel the pulsation in my eyes. When I check my carotid artery the sounds and pulsations match my actual heartbeat. Do I need to see a specialist and which type?
Posted Wed, 6 Mar 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 5 minutes later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
You seem to have palpitations.This is the unpleasant experience of feeling one's own increased heart beats.
You need to consult a cardiologist at the earliest.
You might need a electrocardiograph and an echocardiography.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor