Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Feeling pressure on head. Noticed red scars on cheeks, chin and forehead. Is this an allergic reaction?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 14997 Questions
allergic reaction?my cheeks, chin, forehead, scars, thighs, and dry skin just turned bright red; I'm feeling lot of pressure in my head as well. Is this an allergic reaction?
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 2 hours later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

An allergic reaction can present in different forms.People can have allergic reactions to foods, chemicals or agents used on their skin or that comes in contact with the skin, insect bites,medication,pets,stress,exercise,extreme temperatures.
The reaction may be localised to one area of the body or it may be widespread, in the case of food some persons may not present with skin problems but with stomach pain,nausea,vomiting,diarhoea.
The skin manifestations include: redness (like you have), swelling, itching,rash.Other symptoms may be headache (this may be the pressure feeling that you are experiencing), sneezing, hoarsesness, swelling of the tongue, chest tightness, cough, shortness of breath.

If you have an antihistamine available you should consider using it.
If the symptoms do not resolve or worsen then you should consider visiting your doctor for a physical examination.

I hope this helps and you feel better soon, feel free to ask any other questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor