Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Feeling of some thing struck in throat. What should I do?

Jan 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1658 Questions
i swallowed a halls cough drop down my wind pipe about a week ago and i feel it in my throat. what should i do?
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know your symptoms in detail.
Do you have choking sensation/ cough/ difficulty in swallowing right now?
Did you get cough at the time of taking halls cough drop?

As such there is no possibility of impaction of cough drop in throat.
Because it is liquid in consistency and if entered in wind pipe, then cough reflex helps in spitting it out.
You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist and chest physician simultaneously.
You should go for chest x XXXXXXX to rule out any lung disease.
Although there is least possibility, still you should also go for bronchoscopy (endoscopic evaluation of wind pipe) & endoscopy to rule out impacted foreign body.
This is the only way by which any suspicion could be clarify.
Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor