Feeling nauseous. Had loose bowel movements. Ate grain fiber bread. Do I have any intolerance?

Dr. Polash Sannigrahi

Posted on Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in General Health
Question: Hi, I ate 12 grain fiber bread two days ago. Have felt nauceus on and off and I'm sorry to say have gad a bowel movement , verity loose with seeds. Do I have n intolerance?
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Intolerance is possible Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. Keeping into consideration the fact that your symptoms started after eating 12 grain fiber bread, it can be attributed to intolerance against any of the constituents present in the bread or due to either infection or inflammation in the Gastrointestinal tract following the intake of bread. Symptomatic relief can be obtained by intake of: 1. Pantoperazole + Domperidone twice daily (to be taken 30 min before meals) 2. Anti spasmodics like Dicyclomine preparation twice daily (to be taken after food). 3. Antibiotics like Ofloxacin+Ornidazole preparation twice daily (to be taken after food) And it is also needed that you take certain precautions regarding your diet & lifestyle, such as: 1. Take soft, plain, non-spicy foods 2. Drink lots of water to maintain adequate hydration 3. Avoid fast foods & gas producing food products like cabbage, etc. 4. Avoid smoking & alcohol. 5. Keep away stress, think positive. 6. Exercise regularly & practice meditation. If symptoms still persist, it will be better to consult a Gastroenterologist & get a proper physical examination done. Investigations like complete blood count, stool examination, Colonoscopy & Ultrasound scan of abdomen will be helpful in detecting any pathological cause for the symptoms. There is no need to worry, you will be fine. Please let me know if I can clarify further. Wishing a good health. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 13 hours later
Thank you, doctor
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you for the appreciation Detailed Answer: Hello, Thank you for your appreciation. Wishing you a Healthy Life ahead. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D