Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Feeling nausea and vomiting. Having cramps and had rectal bleeding. Cause?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 1824 Questions
Do you know why I could feel chronically full (no appetite since August)?

I've also gained 12 pounds (in spite of eating being a real struggle), and have had really high cortisol (double normal) since then - which usually goes together with being hungry - not no appetite.

For about 3 months I was really nauseous, and would vomit several times a day (often just dry heaving). No blood. No h-pylori.

I have cramps through my intestines, and kind of a tugging feeling on both sides (spleen and gallbladder area), but no pain.

I also have had 3 bouts of rectal bleeding (with no pain, and apparently no hemerroids), lasting about 5 days each time, and pretty indistinguishable from a menstrual cycle in terms of color and quantity.

Ultrasound didn't show any problems, and there is another 2 year wait to see a specialist. I would love to hear any thoughts you may have on what it could be, any tests I should request, and anything I may be able to do in the meantime.

Thank you for your time! May your spirit be filled with peace, your heart with love, and your body with health!

Posted Fri, 28 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 30 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you.

Was upper GI endoscopy done?
Are you a diabetic?

Kindly get back to me with the answers and I would give my opinion.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Feeling nausea and vomiting. Having cramps and had rectal bleeding. Cause? 27 hours later
Thank you for your follow up.

I am not diabetic. I have not had an endoscopy done. I have had an ultrasound done, and that came back as fine.
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 32 hours later
You are having dyspeptic symptoms. Since upper GI endoscopy has not been done before I would suggest you to get it done.
Similarly for bleeding per rectum a sigmoidoscopy may be done.
Discuss with your doctor about getting these tests done.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor