Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Feeling muscles pulling in legs. Feel pressure. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
My mussles in my legs ,feel like they are pulling.t

I feethere is pressure thier.l
Posted Tue, 30 Jul 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Hi and thanks for the query,

It would be necessary to precise a few things. For how long have you been having these sensations?Did you do any exercise, excess walk before having this feeling? Have you noticed any features or situations that trigger these symptoms? Any alleviating factors?

This sensation could be simply cramps or some XXXXXXX muscle inflammation. Any notion of fever or trauma ?

A simple clinical evaluation coupled with a few tests should be sufficient. Commonest cause of cramps is low levels of blood Calcium and Vitamin D. Low levels of Magnesium could have a similar presentation. Controlling blood levels of these markers could be helpful. Secondly, a physical examination and a complete
neurological assessment could be helpful. Rare conditions like XXXXXXX muscle abscesses called myositis, autoimmune diseases, trauma or simple strain from an intense walk or exercise in persons who had spent much time without engaging in such activities could explain all these. Assuming an unusual situation or posture for a long time could give such a sensation too.

I suggest your primary care physician for a complete clinical review. Paraclinical examinations shall depend on clinical findings. Thanks and hope this helps. Do feel free asking further questions in case you need further clarifications or you got more details. Thanks and kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor