Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Feeling mild pain and sensation around chest. Is this related to any heart disease?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12739 Questions
Hi, my name is XXXXXX and I am 26 years old male. My cholestrol level is 183 but my triglyceride level is 405.HDL is 28.0. I sometimes feel mild pain and sensation around my chest. place of pain and sensation varies. also it is not present always it comes and go. when i concentrate on my chest part it comes and when I am busy with other things it is not there. what may be the reason of this.My family has no history of Heart condition is this related to any heart disease or may be some psychological issue bothering me coz I think a lot and read a lot about these stuffs.
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.
Your blood cholesterol levels are raised. From the symptoms that you have mentioned and considering your age and history of hypercholesterolaemia, I would suggest you to get a cardiac check up done first of all to rule out any cardiac cause as any chest pain is cardiac in origin unless proved otherwise. You need to get an electrocardiogram and TMT (treadmill test) done to completely rule it out.

Secondly it can be due to anxiety neurosis or psychological because muscular pain and cardiac pain does not present for a few seconds only and are usually persistent. If cardiac cause is ruled out then anxiety neurosis should be ruled out.

Some of the treatment options which you can follow:

1) When you have such symptoms, breathe slowly through the nose and talk to your family and friends.

2) Do not take caffeine of alcohol at night just before going to bed.

3) Indulge in yoga and meditation to calm your mind.

4) You can also indulge in progressive muscle relaxation which is useful in anxiety by alternately tensing and relaxing the muscles.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Feeling mild pain and sensation around chest. Is this related to any heart disease? 1 hour later
Thanks Ma'am

I would like to add some more thing.I have been experiencing these symptoms for last 4-5 months. I have had ECG done thrice in last ten month, recently 2 months ago and on both ocassion it was normal.should I go for echocardiography.My bp is also in the normal chest xray has also shown normalcy.Apart from lipid profile my blood report is also well within normal range. I dont smoke, drink may be twice or thrice in a year and that too bear and in very limited amount. I dont take tea and coffee also in heavy amount. Is still there any possibility of any cardiac related problem.

Can you induce pain just by thinking constantly about it.I am a bachelor in a job away from home,how can I fix my mind some where else.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Even if your ECG is normal, still basic investigations like echo and TMT are advisable.
It is better to err than to regret later.
Anxiety and depression are two common factors responsible for psychological pains anywhere in the body.
Following measures will help you:
• First remember your situation is transient and will solve in few weeks if you follow my advice.
• Ask help from friends and family members, do not shy for that.
• Make structured daily routine.
• Eat adequate food, fruits and drink juice. Avoid alcohol use if any.
• It is good if you work regularly but do not take much stress while working.
• Talk frequently with friends and family members.
You can also cultivate new hobbies.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor