Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Feeling lump inside vagina. Hurts while removing tampon. What could it be?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
Hello. I have a lump that feels about 1.5cm wide inside my vagina. It is on the left hand side and sometimes makes removing a tampon hurt. What could it be? I have not had any children. It has been there for quite a while.
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Thanks for the query.

according to your description the possibilities are,

-gartner's cyst: it occurs from remnants of mesonephric duct, gartner's duct will be present along the both walls of the vagina, cysts can form along the line of the duct which can present inside or at the opening of vagina.

bartholin cyst: bartholin gland will present on the inner side of labia which will help in lubrication, when the duct of the gland gets blocked it will lead to cyst formation when that becomes infected that can lead to abscess formation.

-inclusion cyst: which can occur due to any trauma at the area further forming cyst.

these lesions are not XXXXXXX unless they become infected but they can create troubles as you are having, so you once consult gynecologist and get examined to confirm the nature of the lump, depending on that treatment can be taken.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor