Feeling low after taking crystal meth. How to get rid of this?

Dr. Stephen Christensen

Posted on Thu, 20 Dec 2012 in Drug Abuse
Question: this is the first time when I had crystal meth . now it's been three days I'm felling little low.. so tell me how to get rid of..
Answered by Dr. Stephen Christensen 2 hours later
Hello. I'm Dr. Christensen.
As you know, methamphetamine is a stimulant: it triggers the release of chemicals (neurotransmitters) in your brain that give you the euphoria ("high") that makes this drug so addictive. Unfortunately, a methamphetamine high is quickly followed by a "downer" or "comedown" that can last several days. This downer is caused by depletion of neurotransmitters that your brain needs to function normally, and it is an inevitable consequence of methamphetamine use.
The most effective way to avoid a downer is to avoid further methamphetamine use. In addition, you might consider supplementing with L-tyrosine (500 to 1,000 mg daily). L-tyrosine is an amino acid your brain needs to replenish depleted neurotransmitters.
If you find yourself craving methamphetamine and you feel you'll use it again, seek medical help.
I hope that answers your question. I'll be available if you have additional concerns.
Good luck!