Feeling loss of appetite and nausea with ilaprazole 10 mg. Looking for suggestion

Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: loss of appetite&nausea with ilaprazole 10 mg,after takingor about 4 months.1 od
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the following details:
Do you have acidic belching/ abdominal heaviness/ excessive flatulence?
Do you yellow discoloration of sclera/ urine?
Why was Ilaprazole prescribed?
Ilaprazole is a newer proton pump inhibitor (PPI), is associated with the same side effects of other PPI.
As such no specific side effects of Ilaprazole have been defined.
Nausea and loss of appetite may be due to side effects of ilaprazole.
As you have past history of GERD, there may be chances of persistence of same disease.
Liver disease may also cause the same symptoms.

You should consult with your treating doctor and let him know the above mentioned symptoms.
You should also go for liver function test, endoscopy and ultrasound imaging.
You should take appetizer along with prokinetics (medicine which improve intestinal motility) for relief of your symptoms.

Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava