Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Feeling ill, nausea and developed cramping. Have vomiting and diarrhea. Remedy?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
Hi. I had an extremely weird occurrence today..I am a 36yr old female with 2 children ages 9 and 7. I exercise very regularly. In the past year my menstrual cycle has changed. I can tell when I am ovulating because it is painful and sometimes I have dull uncomfortable pain in my lower abdomen throughout the whole month. Today, I suddenly started feeling ill, nauseous and developed severe cramping in my lower abdomen, more severe on my lower left side. I started sweating profusely as if I was performing an extreme amount of cardio exercise and felt as if I was going to pass out. I could t stand up to walk because I felt so weak. I was in the bathroom because I was t sure if I was going to vomit or if it was diarrhea . This is when I found that my period was starting a that point. After being in the restroom for about 30 min. I was able to finally walk out but still not feeling great. This happened about 1pm today. It is now 8pm and I still have cramping. I have been taking Ibuprofen and Motrin. This happened to me once before about 4or 5 months ago. It lasted longer this time and was more severe. What could be going on? My email address is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Mon, 22 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Thanks for the query.

You once consult gynecologist and get examined to rule out:
-Ectopic pregnancy: You didn't mention whether you are tubectomised or not.
Severe pain abdomen, weakness, bleeding etc. seen in ectopic pregnancy.
As this is a emergency condition better to consult gynecologist as early as possible.
-Pelvic inflammatory disease can also present with dysmenorrhea.
-Other structural causes like fibroids, endometriosis, adenomyosis etc. can present with severe dysmenorrhea.

By physical examination and ultrasound the possible cause for your problem can be identified and treated.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor