Feeling hoarse after getting steroid injection for bursitis. Is it a side effect?
Thanks for the query.
No, this is not the side effect of the steroid injection you took, it looks like you have developed pharyngitis unrelated to the injection.
I advice you to do the following.
1. Add a spoon of salt into 250 ml of warm water and gargle three times a day. Please try not to swallow it. You also a get a betadine gargle which is more effective but tastes bad.
2. Watch out for fever.
3. Since you are already receiving steroidal injections, there is no need to take any Hoarseness of voice usually takes about a week to recover. If it worsens or if you develop fever, then please see your physician for a local examination and treatment.
I hope I have answered your query, if there are no further queries please accept my answer.
I wish you a speedy recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Steroid injection trochanteric bursitis
- Trochanteric bursitis injection
- Cortisone injections for bursitis
- Cortisone injections for hip bursitis
- Can the symptoms of bursitis rebound after cortisone injection
- Hip bursitis injection
- Steroid injection for shoulder bursitis
- Shoulder bursitis injection technique
- Steroid injections for bursitis
- Steroid injection for hip bursitis
- Blood test showing abnormal WBCs, neutrophils, lymphocytes, alkaline...
- Sperm test found to have very severe oligoteratozoo with severe...
- Pain in back. Is cold the cause & what medication?
- Advised for gall bladder, hydrosil and prostrate gland enlargement...
- Dizziness, pressure in ears and noise while swallowing after child...
- Blurred vision, pain & dry eyes,flashing lights in eye, menopausal &...
- Old and out of shape. Heart rate races after strenuous exercise. Use a...
- My urine really stinks. Why would this happen?
- Pain in the head, pulsing sound in ears, back pain. Serious issue?
- Sore and achy around heart. Fluctuates throughout the day. Why would...