Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Feeling heat inside body. Blood reports normal. Anxiety level increasing, having acidity. Looking for solution

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
For 10 months now, I have been feeling heat/hot inside my body especially around my neck/shoulder, my upper body, thighs, stomach area. This can go on for hours. It is as if my blood is boiling inside my body. When I check my temperature it is normal.
all my blood reports are normal including hiv, when i wear heavy clothes , my warmness of necks and hands becomes normal, my anxiety level is also increasing day by day, kindly tell what is this , i am having acidity also in my stomach since 10 months
Posted Mon, 6 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 4 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
If your blood reports are normal, then anxiety could be a possible cause of your symptoms. Anxiety can lead to several of the symptoms and increase acidity as well.
You can reduce anxiety by the following measures:
a. Do regular breathing exercises, walking and yoga
b. Have a healthy and nutritious diet. Avoid excessive tea/coffee, alcohol or smoking. Also, totally avoid any gutka that you may be having
c. Try talking to a friend about the issues you face.
d. Drink atleast 3-4 litres of water daily.

However, I would like to know if you have any other symptoms like weight loss, diarrhoea or anything else? Also, has a TSH level been done for you.

As far as the acidity is concerned, the following things will help:
a. Have small meals every 3-4 hours
b. Avoid smoking and alcohol
c. Dont have a heavy and a late dinner
d. Talk to your physician about drugs like omeprazole. It will bring a lot of relief in your symptoms.
Hope this helps
Awaiting your reply
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor