Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Feeling feverish and nose inflammation after getting drenched in rain. What could it be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1357 Questions
yesterday I was drenched in rain for 6-7 hours. feeling feverish. also nose inflammation. additionally have red scars in my mouth. please suggest something.
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: you are apparently suffering from 'Flu' infection Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Firstly, you have selected the category of "Medicines and Side Effects" but have apparently forgotten to mention the drug(s) you have taken for your problems. Further, notwithstanding the availability of detailed information, you have apparently developed either; flu (a viral infection) or bacterial infection involving upper respiratory tract (sinuses, nose and throat) called Pharyngitis. Red "scars" can also be due to allergic manifestation of anti-inflammatory pain-killers, such as, ibuprofen, Nimusulide, aceclofenac etc... There is nothing to worry : Please take Augmentin 1.2 gm twice daily x 5 days; Crocin (paracetamol) 500mg four times daily, along with anti-histaminic drug, such as cetirizine 10mg thrice daily; saline gargles with 4 spoonfuls of salt in a glass of hot water (3-4 times daily) and, steam inhalation. You should be all-right within 3-4 days. You are welcome to provide me with as much information- about your problems- as possible. However, the treatment would remain more-or-less the same. At the same time, do not hesitate in reverting back to me if you develop other problems. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Take care, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor