Feeling fast heartbeat and have pain behind eye. How to get cured?

Dr. Sudhir

Posted on Fri, 14 Dec 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: i can feel my heart beating hard and i have pain behind my eyes
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 44 minutes later

In view of symptoms possibilities which come to mind are palpitation/arrhythmia with raised blood pressure.

Palpitation/arrhythmias can make one uncomfortably aware of heartbeats.This is either due to rapid beating of heart or multiple abnormal beats in between normal heart beats. There are multiple causes which can lead to this and most patients need few investigations before starting treatment.

And pain behind eyes can be due to raised blood pressure.

I guess it would be ideal to see a doctor for this sooner.

If there in additional symptoms or previous history, please let me know so that I can further answer your question in detail.

Regards.