Feeling electrical type sensations in head. Could it be caused due to pinched nerves?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Brain and Spine
Question: I feel electrical type sensations in my head. Very noticeable and annoying. Could pinched nerves be causing this? I do have a paralyzed sciatic nerve, and herniated disc in lower back as well as carpal tunnel.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
The electrical type sensations in the head are likely to be due to a vitamin B 12 deficiency or electrolyte imbalances causing paresthesias. Most of the times, the reason is a benign one and can be taken care of by taking adequate supplements and electrolyte XXXXXXX fluids after consulting your physician. In case the problem is persistent then consulting a neurologist will help in pin pointing the diagnosis.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.