Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Feeling dizzy, sweaty and flushed. Have HBP. Blood test done. Looking for suggestion

Nov 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 5584 Questions
hello I went to the hospital yesterday was feeling dizzy and kinda sweaty and flushed....i am a 43 year old male when i got there my blood pressure was a bit high 160 over 120 ...they did some blood work and i noticed my blood levels were a bit off my wbc were 12.5 and auto neutrophil was high 10.2 and monocyte 1.0 and auto neutrophil 81.6 also my auto lymphocyte percent was low 9.8 what does this mean
Thu, 27 Dec 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 47 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

The blood reports may suggest a minor infection, such as throat, chest or urine infection. Sometimes, it may happen with dehydration.

Also, the high BP needs to be rechecked and followed up. If it remains high, regular medications may be required. The cause of high BP should also be investigated, as you are a young hypertensive.

I hope it helps. I would be pleased to answer any more queries, if you have.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Feeling dizzy, sweaty and flushed. Have HBP. Blood test done. Looking for suggestion 2 hours later
i take medication for my blood pressure......amlodipine besylate 2.5mg my blood pressure did go down to 130 over 95 before i left the hospital......i just want to be sure i dont have any viruses in my body
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 6 hours later

Thank you for getting back with more details.

Amlodipine is a good medicine for high BP. The dose can be adjusted after checking the BP further.

Regarding the infection, even if it is a viral infection, there is no need to worry, as it is self limiting, and would improve on its own.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
,   ,  

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor