Owl Image

Feeling dizzy, have bruise on leg, headache, diarrhea and losing weight. Any solution?

Owl Image
Dr. Hema Yadav

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases

Question
Hi my name is XXXXXXX and im 28 I have not been felling well like im dizzy all the time,I have bruising all over my legs I also have frequently have headaches and im exhausted all the time I don't throw up or have diarrhea but I also have lost a lot of wight I have had 6 kids and my wight was 140 about a month and a half ago but now im like 120 & still losing it I don't have a appetite really eather so if u can please help me I would really appreciate it thank you so much.. Sincerely XXXXXXX
Fri, 1 Mar 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX
Your symptoms could be due to varied causes like low blood pressure, hormonal imbalance ( thyroid disorder etc), nutritional deficiency , Hematologic disorder( malignancies,bleeding disorders or other blood dyscrasias) or a chronic infection like tuberculosis ( loss of appetite and weight loss.
Now to confirm the cause and severity of the problem it's very important to get yourself thoroughly examined by your doctor ( blood pressure , signs of nutritional deficiency or bleeding tendencies etc) & if needed a baseline investigation ( blood counts , ESR , thyroid profile etc) should be done.
This will help in confirming the diagnosis according to which further steps of treatment can be taken.
Yes , you do seem to be underweight but not malnourished . I assume your loss of weight and appetite are recent complaints ( less than a couple of months ) which could itself give rise to dizziness , headaches etc It would be wise not to neglect these symptoms any further and consult your doctor for a thorough evaluation and management .
Meanwhile you should try to avoid stress, caffeine and alcoholic beverages , and prolonged fasting to decrease your symptoms. Drink plenty of fluids to improve hydration which will help in decreasing dizziness too. Eat small frequent meals XXXXXXX in fruits (especially citrus fruits XXXXXXX in vitamin c )& vegetables . Your doctor might prescribe a daily multivitamin and calcium supplement if required.
Yoga or breathing exercises can be very helpful in the long run.

Hope I have answered your query.
Kindly accept my answer if you have no further queries.