Feeling dizzy and started vomiting. Fainted twice and took aspirin. What do you think?

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Fri, 15 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: While my wife was in bed sleeping, she told me she was dizzy. I got her up into a chair and she started to vomit a lot and she still says she feels dizzy. She is 47 years old and in good health always she has fainted twice in the past 6 months while outside working in the yard. I gave her an asprin because her blood press was 184/116. The second time her blood pressure had dropped to 155 then third time it is 189/161. She is still vomiting. What do you think?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs immediate medical attention; report to ER

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.

Without further delay, I would like to say that this could be an emergency situation. Your wife's symptoms could match either a serious and emergency heart condition or an autonomic neuropathy (which is a condition that occurs due to damage of nerves).

So please seek immediate medical attention, as it is better to rule out the more serious conditions; better to be safe than sorry XXXXXXX Please visit the ER with your wife at your earliest convenience.

I hope I am able to send over the response to you at the earliest. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications.

Best wishes.