Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Feeling dizzy. Getting variable blood pressure. What are the risks?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 85 Questions
Hi , I am feeling dizzy for sometime in a day , I checked the Bp it is 143/80 , what might be the cause for this ? Recently I worked without having and found my BP shooted up to 140/110 , that time too I felt the same dizziness
Posted Thu, 30 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mayank Singh 59 minutes later
Thanks for posting on healthcare magic
As you have elicited that your dizziness is associated with increase in blood pressure , i would like you to know that in most of the people with high blood pressure there are no symptoms or signs. This is because high blood pressure doesn't cause problems over a few days . It usually takes several years for the condition to cause noticeable symptoms.
For this reason hypertension or high blood pressure is often called a silent killer. People with the condition are usually not diagnosed until they have blood pressure readings that are very high.
Most common high blood pressure symptoms are headache,dizziness,blurred vision and nausea.
Since you are a young male of 24 years i will recommend you to visit a physician and get your regular blood pressure monitoring done.Restrict your salt in the diet that you consume.Avoid fried and junk food .Try to consume fresh fruits,salads and vegetables .If you smoke or drink alcohol then avoid that .Try to modify your lifestyle , add exercise or yoga to it.
All this should take care of your high blood pressure and maybe your physician adds some anti hypertensive medication.
I hope i have answered to all your queries .If you have any further doubts feel free to post again .Ill be happy to help .If you dont have any further questions kindly accept my answer
God Bless
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor