Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Feeling dizziness. ECG normal. Which specialist should I consult to diagnose the problem?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1981
Answered : 922 Questions
Age : 37, getting repetitive spells of dizziness with the frequency of
every 2-4days. I have gone through ECG several time and it was all
normal every time. My doctor suggested to go for holter which also
done for twice in last month but no diagnosis yet. In the mean time
dizziness spells are continuing. My doctor is clueless and hence want
to know what should do next? I have shown general physician and
cardiologist both.
Posted Sun, 17 Feb 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 5 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your mail with diligence.
Banglore has very prominent cardiologist and hospitals to name two I would suggest to XXXXXXX a cardiologist in XXXXXXX Hridulalaya or in Wakefied XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Baba Institute of Medical Sciences (Dr Dash here is on panel with a XXXXXXX and you can quote my name). In Hridulaya, you can XXXXXXX Dr XXXXXXX PV, with my reference.
What we look for in a patient like you is risk factors for coronary artery disease that is 1. Family History, 2. Hypertension 3. Diabetes 4 Smoking, 5. Cholesterol the complete lipid profile 6. Obesity and sedentary life style 7, Stress and specially in your case 8. Cervical spine x-ray. So apart from what doctors are working on can you upload any of these investigatiions you know had been done and copy the Holter report. I believe, a Tread Mill Test is in order but that is after seeing your EKG and if we consider dizziness a Tilt Table Test may be needed. Looking forward to hear from you after which I can reach a provisional conclusion but if during chest pain EKG and blood tests were normal then you have not suffered from a heart attack. You can upload investigations (if there is a problem in doing through health care magic) in my personal email address YYYY@YYYY I will be happy to answer your further query. Good Luck.

With Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover
MD (Medicine) DM(Cardiology)
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor