Owl Image

Feeling discomfort with extreme pain in wrist. What am I suffering from?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2014
Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
I have periodic extreme pain in my outer right wrist followed by some days of general discomfort. The extreme pain occurs when doing routine tasks like tying my shoe lace, wiping down a dirty surface or buckling a seat belt.
Wed, 30 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later

Although it isn't possible to diagnose your condition without an examination and a few tests, your history is suggestive of arthritis or tendonitis at wrist.

Arthritis is a problem that can cause wrist pain and difficulty performing normal activities. There are several causes of arthritis, and fortunately there are a number of treatments for wrist arthritis.

I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. You may get the X-ray of the area affected under his/her guidance.

I hope this answers your query. I will be available for further guidance if you needed.

Wishing you good health...

Regards.
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.