Feeling discomfort when sitting or laying down. Have high BP, pain in shoulder, abdomen and back

Posted on Tue, 7 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Been a constant discomfort on left side. Tenderness feels almost swollen. Discomfort sitting and laying down. When sitting for more than fifteen minutes, pain in shoulder also. Pain in side, abdomen and left back. Seeing hike in blood pressure. Fever some nights.

Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 2 hours later

I need to know since how many days are you suffering from these symptoms.

From the symptoms and history that you have told it seems to be post-viral arthritis.Chest pain,joint pain and body ache can occur in acute febrile illness also.

Treating fever according to cause is more important here.
Your chest pain is not because of heart disease hence need not worry about it.
Analgesics like aceclofenac and paracetamol can help for relief of chest pain and body ache.

In addition I would suggest that you a few test such as hemoglobin, complete blood count, ESR and and chest X-ray done before proceeding to the treatment.

Reply me for any more queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Maruti Karale