Feeling constipated, bloated and uncomfortable. What is causing this and cure?

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 8 Dec 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have recently become constipated, feeling bloated and uncomfortable, my stools are greenish.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 56 minutes later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Such symptoms may be caused by either constipation or bowel obstruction. That is why it is advisable to rule bowel obstruction first as it can be urgent. If you also do suffer from weakness, blood in stool, mucus in stool, constipation and diarrheas on and off, lost of weight, abdominal pains, it can be some large intestine disease.
That is why, you should have some diagnostics.
First of all abdominal X-ray and ultrasound should be performed, full blood work. If no urgent diseases, you should next get scheduled for colonoscopy. Only after this tests we can assume that this is only constipations.
To get rid of constipations you should increase fiber XXXXXXX products intake and drink more mineral water. Temporary relief from constipations can give stool softeners, Metocloparimidum and Bisacodylum prescribed by your doctor.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.