Feeling constant pain in heart. Any heart related problem?

Dr. Das Arindam

Posted on Wed, 6 Feb 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi,

I feel a constant pressure or pain similar to a muscle sprain kind of pain in my heart.
The pain usually reduces after going to motion
I used to have high levels of tri-glycerides around 480 few months back and now it came down to 250 and it is constantly at 200 from past 4 years. Other wise rest all are fine. My age is 33, Height is 5.11 inches and weight is 71.
I dont smoke or drink and I am a vegetarian. I have outside food weekly once on an average. I play Table tennis weekly once on an average for an hour or so.

Could you please guide me what tests should I take to check that there are no blockages or no heart related problems?

Thanks,
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 15 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

First of all, the chest pain you described does not sound like a chest pain caused by cardiac problem. Because, in that case, the pain would present only when you are walking / running. At the advanced stage, it may also present for all time. But, it is unnatural for a cardiac chest pain to get reduced after motion.

It indicates more towards a hyperacidity problem. lipid profile, you should do some tests to exclude cardiovascular disease.

First of all, do an ECG. If any abnormality detected in ECG, go for ECHO or TMT. The decision depends on the ECG report. If ECHO shows any abnormality, angiogram should be considered.

In the meantime, you should take a lansoprazole group of drug regularly to control the acidity problem.

Lastly, you have to consult with cardiologist in person for thorough clinical examination. Till today, clinical examination is very important.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Das Arindam 11 minutes later
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX Arindam,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.
When I eat any item with XXXXXXX chilly in it ot when the meal is delayed while swallowing I get acidity kind of feeling and I have to drink water immediately.
This happens even when I eat Tomatoes and Brinjal as well.
Please let me know if I need to take any tests or consulting a doctor would be better.

When I have XXXXXXX tea with honey and hot water or sprouts or any recipe made with sprouts my bowel movements starts within 30 minutes and some times I can hear those movements sounds outside as well.
Is this a sign of some abnormality or it might happen?
It feels good after going to motion. Even physically and mentally as well I feel fresh.

Can you advice how I need to proceed for my acidity or stomach problem?
I used to have a very good appetite, from past 3 to 4 years it is reduced.

Thanks
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 17 hours later

Thank you for writing back.

Look, the problem you mentioned regarding XXXXXXX chilly, tomatoes, brinjal, indicate presence of hyperacidity. Only hyperacidity can lead to this type of problems.

The second problem might happen normally. But it is increased in presence of hyperacidity.

Look, for these problems, you should take the lansoprazole group of drug as I have mentioned. You have told that you have low appetite. For this, do a liver function test. If any abnormality detected, management would be done accordingly.

Lastly, you should consult with a gastroenterologist for clinical examination and also for further management. Because, in case of these problems, clinical examination done by a gastroenterologist is very important. The line of investigation and management depends on the clinical findings.

Hope you have your answers.

Regards.