Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Feeling constant pain in heart. Any heart related problem?

Sep 2012
User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1416 Questions

I feel a constant pressure or pain similar to a muscle sprain kind of pain in my heart.
The pain usually reduces after going to motion
I used to have high levels of tri-glycerides around 480 few months back and now it came down to 250 and it is constantly at 200 from past 4 years. Other wise rest all are fine. My age is 33, Height is 5.11 inches and weight is 71.
I dont smoke or drink and I am a vegetarian. I have outside food weekly once on an average. I play Table tennis weekly once on an average for an hour or so.

Could you please guide me what tests should I take to check that there are no blockages or no heart related problems?


Posted Tue, 5 Feb 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 15 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

First of all, the chest pain you described does not sound like a chest pain caused by cardiac problem. Because, in that case, the pain would present only when you are walking / running. At the advanced stage, it may also present for all time. But, it is unnatural for a cardiac chest pain to get reduced after motion.

It indicates more towards a hyperacidity problem. lipid profile, you should do some tests to exclude cardiovascular disease.

First of all, do an ECG. If any abnormality detected in ECG, go for ECHO or TMT. The decision depends on the ECG report. If ECHO shows any abnormality, angiogram should be considered.

In the meantime, you should take a lansoprazole group of drug regularly to control the acidity problem.

Lastly, you have to consult with cardiologist in person for thorough clinical examination. Till today, clinical examination is very important.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Feeling constant pain in heart. Any heart related problem? 11 minutes later
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX Arindam,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.
When I eat any item with XXXXXXX chilly in it ot when the meal is delayed while swallowing I get acidity kind of feeling and I have to drink water immediately.
This happens even when I eat Tomatoes and Brinjal as well.
Please let me know if I need to take any tests or consulting a doctor would be better.

When I have XXXXXXX tea with honey and hot water or sprouts or any recipe made with sprouts my bowel movements starts within 30 minutes and some times I can hear those movements sounds outside as well.
Is this a sign of some abnormality or it might happen?
It feels good after going to motion. Even physically and mentally as well I feel fresh.

Can you advice how I need to proceed for my acidity or stomach problem?
I used to have a very good appetite, from past 3 to 4 years it is reduced.

Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 17 hours later

Thank you for writing back.

Look, the problem you mentioned regarding XXXXXXX chilly, tomatoes, brinjal, indicate presence of hyperacidity. Only hyperacidity can lead to this type of problems.

The second problem might happen normally. But it is increased in presence of hyperacidity.

Look, for these problems, you should take the lansoprazole group of drug as I have mentioned. You have told that you have low appetite. For this, do a liver function test. If any abnormality detected, management would be done accordingly.

Lastly, you should consult with a gastroenterologist for clinical examination and also for further management. Because, in case of these problems, clinical examination done by a gastroenterologist is very important. The line of investigation and management depends on the clinical findings.

Hope you have your answers.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor