Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Feeling chest pain and thirsty. Should I consult doctor?

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5978 Questions
Dad is feeling chest pain and also feeling thirsty.. right now going to doctor is advisable or can i do anything so that i wait till morning
Posted Sun, 10 Mar 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 20 minutes later

Having on mind his age and high BP you should go to doctor. This is probably nothing, but some serious things such as pneumothorax, heart attack and pulmonary embolism need to be ruled out. Probably lab tests, chest x-ray and ECG will be done, and these tests can exclude diagnosis I ve mentioned. Everything else is not an emergency so it can wait. If you follow my recommendation you can inform me with work-up results.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Feeling chest pain and thirsty. Should I consult doctor? 6 minutes later
Can I do something immediately for the relief so that he can sleep ... I want to wait till morning to go to doctor ..and even he's not ready to go right now .... he already went to doctor 3 days back and he gave some medicines and asked to come after 5 days and said endoscopy may be needed to done if things are not getting better. ... he also has gas troublen from many years ... somewhere i m feeling that the watermelon he ate in the evening can be a cause ... so just wnted to know if anything immediate can be done at home for making him at ease for now
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 22 minutes later
Well.if you are sure that this is not related to heart and lungs and if he already had such symptoms then yes, you can wait till morning.but be careful, dont leave him alone in the room. if you notice blood vomiting, pain that spread to shoulder or breathing difficulty then go to hospital as soon as you can. Till that he shouldnt eat anything that agrravates pain. it means coffee,alcohol,spicy and fat food. he can take banana,milk products and XXXXXXX tea. if you have some antiacid medicine he can take it. also should avoid sitting and while sleeping tell him to lay with upper body raised. An the most important: drink enough water. wish i ve been helpful. if you have anything to ask be free
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Feeling chest pain and thirsty. Should I consult doctor? 22 hours later
I wanna share the Endoscopy results and understand more what it says but i m not seeing the attach button here :(
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 8 minutes later
Yes you can attach it. I dont know where exactly because i am not user,but try to ask moderator, and ask him not to pay for it because this one we will not count as a question
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pulmonologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor