Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Feeling bloated and having pain below rib cage. How to diagnose my symptoms?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 364 Questions
i feel like i have a spasm below my left rib cage. it feels like heart beating under left rib. i also feel a little bloated
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Enrique Molina 2 hours later
It seems you are having stomach inflammation. These symptoms are very non-specific and it is usually difficult to find a quick solution for the problem.
If these are new symptoms, then it could be related to a viral infection, gastritis, food intolerance or allergy.
I would suggest you to do a trial of avoiding dairy products, avoid sugar replacements (such as Splenda, sweet n low, etc), avoid certain vegetables that can cause bloating (such as asparagus, broccoli, onions), certain fruits (apples, cherries, dried fruits).
There are over the counter medications for bloating, which sometimes help (simethicone - to be taken as directed). Also Iberogast is a digestive aid that can be found online at XXXXXXX and some patients seem to like it.
If these symptoms are an ongoing issue, then you should see a gastroenterologist for further recommendations. Antispasmodics can be attempted, anti-reflux medications as well. If you are constipated I would suggest you taking a stool softener. You might even need an endoscopic procedure, at the gastroenterologist discretion.
Hope that helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor