Feeling bloated and have gas problem. What should be done?

Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Wed, 12 Dec 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: My colon is always bloating & I suffer from gases as well. I have this since years ago & still no progress..
Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 2 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX,

Thanks for contacting healthcare magic.

You probably are suffering from Irritable bowel syndrome / functional bowel disease.

You should stop taking milk and juices. You can take curd or butter milk. You should try to identify foods that give you bloating like pulses, XXXXXXX leafy vegetables etc.
If still bloating persists then you should contact your physician who can prescribe gut related antibiotics and probiotics to you. Some times these measures do help. He can also check you for caeliac disease by doing a blood test. Caeliac disease is allergy to wheat protein, that can also cause symptoms of bloating and gas.

Hope my suggestions help you.

Best wishes.

Dr Dinesh Singal.