Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Feeling abnormal stomach and back. Stomach looks protrudes and back arches. Sllep on stomach and back hurts. Suggestions?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
Practicing since : 1983
Answered : 1337 Questions
I'm 28 years old and a 5'5 male. Very healthy and physically fit. I play basketball and am a runner. Last clocked mile was 5:39. My stomach and back seem a bit abnormal. My stomach protudes in what I think is an extreme way and my back arches. I looked up Lordosis and I definitely have a gap when between the wall and back when i lean against a wall.

At night I sleep on my stomach and my back sometime tends to hurt. I sleep on my side when that occurs. Is this a genetic thing especially since I've had it my whole life? I've gained a few pounds in the last 10 years. I went from about 118 to 130. I feel no sickness or anything. I am very very hyper and my metabolism is fast.

Should I be concerned? Could this be related to a mental issue? I feel like sometimes I am all over the place almost like ADHD but I don't want to be on any amphetamines or any slow producing drugs. I have had a solid career in the IT industry for over 5 years and seem to be doing good in building a career.
Posted Wed, 25 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 1 hour later
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
From your detailed information I can see that you lead a physically active life. Your career details show that you have a successful working life also. These two facts suggest that there will be nothing serious wrong with your health.
Lordosis is relatively common and entirely compatible with an active lifestyle. Your feeling of being "all over the place" could be a mental issue such as an anxiety state. However, your successful career would lead me to believe this is not the case. An over active thyroid could possibly cause some of your symptoms.
I understand your concerns and consider that a visit to your doctor to discuss your health in more detail would be appropriate. Routine blood tests could check your thyroid function.A therapist could talk through some of your concerns in detail.
I hope this is of help. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor