Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Feeling abdominal pain, solid lump and burning sensation in groin area. Should I be worried?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2610 Questions
Hi, i have what i think is a swollen lymph node on the right side of my groin. It appeared about 3 weeks ago. There feels like a reasonably solid lump under the skin. If squeezed i feel a slight burning sensation and for quite a while after feels like i have been kicked in the right testi with a slightly numb pain in the abdomen. Nothing is visible on the surface apart from a small indentation. A small amount of pus has come out of this before but nothing now. The lump is bigger then a pea and extends in a tube like fashion. Should i be worried?
Posted Sun, 28 Oct 2012 in Lymphoma
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 3 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

It is difficult to exactly diagnose without examination. It might be swollen lymph node. sebaceous cyst or hernia.

I advice you to see the surgeon for examination and exact diagnosis.

Based on the information and pictures it appears to be swollen lymph node. Swelling may be from an injury in the area and the swelling will go down when the injury heals. Localized infection can also cause swelling of the groin lymph glands. Causes include any injury and infections in the legs, feet, or pelvic area.

Usually swelling of the inguinal lymph nodes disappears within a few days without taking any medications. As you have mentioned it is more than 3 weeks i advice you to see doctor and he will will examine the swollen nodes in the groin and then with the information you provide determine if further testing is needed.

Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Oncologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor