Feeling abdominal pain, nausea and numbness in hands. Should I consult a doctor?

Dr. Ram Choudhary

Posted on Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Abdominal pain on left side (past 2 weeks), bloated stomach (past 3 month), tingling/numbness in hands after lunch past two weeks on and off, stools foul smelling (bright blood occasionally, dark gray spots mixed with brown greasy, stringy), nausea on and off (reduced when taking ibuprofen), difficulty concentrating towards the end of the day. Should I go to the ER or wait until my doctors appointment on Dec. 4th? In pain and concerned. What do you suspect is going on?
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 4 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Your symptoms are suggestive of inflammatory process in the colon.
it can be a dysentery most likely caused by bacteria or entamoeba.
It also can be due to diverticulitis or an inflammatory bowel disease.
You should get examined by a physician and get investigated.
An ultrasound of abdomen, CBC, RFT, CRP and a stool examination would be very helpful in the investigation and in planning the treatment.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
Wish you a good health.