Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Feel uneasy, low energy and acidity, sometimes nausea in the morning. Have vomiting, does not stop still hospitalised

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 439 Questions
Hi, I have a weird problem. Everything is fine with my body but i feel great discomfort at morning. Normally when I wake up, I feel uneasy, low energy and acidity, sometimes nausea. In some worst cases, I got vomiting too and only yellow water (bile). Vomiting does not stop and continues several times till I have to admit in a hospital to overcome weakness. Very commonly, I do not take breakfast. Can you suggest me why it is happening?
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 37 minutes later

Thanks for asking.

Your symptoms points towards the possible diagnosis of gastritis, which is the inflammation of the lining of stomach wall.

Many people with gastritis experience no symptoms at all. However, upper central abdominal pain is the most common symptom; the pain may be dull, vague, burning, aching, gnawing, sore, or sharp. Pain is usually located in the upper central portion of the abdomen, but it may occur anywhere from the upper left portion of the abdomen around to the back.

Other signs and symptoms may include:

Vomiting (if present, may be clear, green or yellow, blood-streaked, or completely bloody, depending on the severity of the stomach inflammation)
Belching (if present, usually does not relieve the pain much)
Early satiety
Loss of appetite
Unexplained weight loss

Various causes are:

Alcohol Consumption
Pain killers
H.pylori infection
Gastritis may also be caused by other medical conditions, including HIV/AIDS, Crohn's disease, certain connective tissue disorders, and liver or kidney failure.

You probably need some investigations to rule out the exact cause in your case, you may need upper GI endoscopy to visualize the stomach and duodenum.

Please consult a doctor to go for the appropriate investigations.


Please let me know if you need further information.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Feel uneasy, low energy and acidity, sometimes nausea in the morning. Have vomiting, does not stop still hospitalised 1 hour later
Thanks for answering.
I already know what you suspected in my situation. I have consulted with so many doctors and gastroentrologists and performed several tests like endoscopy. The doctors concluded PAN gastrisis and H. Pylori infection. But my question is how to cure it. Nobody gave me medications for my problem. What should I do to live a normal life like others? Should I take any precautions in eating so that I wake up feeling fresh in the morning? Please give me a satisfactory and complete answer.
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 23 minutes later

You have not mentioned that you are already being diagnosed as having gastritis with H. pylori infection.

H pylori needs to be eradicated from your system, for it there are three drug combination kits are available which need to be taken for 10 days and in some cases it needs to be repeated as well.

If the infection stays, your symptoms won't improve. Therefore, after the complete course you need to retest for H. pylori to be sure that it has been eradicated.

Along with it you may need to limit/stop alcohol (if you take) and stay away from spicy foods as they increase the acid production.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Feel uneasy, low energy and acidity, sometimes nausea in the morning. Have vomiting, does not stop still hospitalised 1 hour later
Hello Dr,
Can you please tell me about the complete course to eradicate the H. pylori bacteria. How it has to be done? or if not possible telling online, where should I contact by being physically present. I mean which hospital or doctor in Delhi. I am in Delhi right now. I already went to SGRH, RML, PSRI and some private doctors. It would be beneficial for me to have a complete check up and the course you mentioned.
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 4 minutes later

Any medical specialist / gastroenterologist should know the triple drug course to eradicate H.pylori infection .You can consult any of the institute you mentioned and talk to doctor specifically about it.

I am just not sure why you have not been given this earlier ,when you were diagnosed with H.pylori.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor