Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Feel terrible and giddy after taking sleeping tablet. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1563 Questions
I took a sleeping tablet early this m orning, now I feel terrib le and very giddy, what can I do
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX You are experiencing the effects of the medicine. You will continue to experience it until the medicine is flushed out of your system. In case you took lorazepam, then the effect will remain for more than 12 hours. You can try the following: - Drink lots of water or other fluids to flush out the medicines - Take a nap - Take coffee or tea - Do not drive or do other physical work that involves machinery - Get up slowly from the bed, etc - Do not make sudden movements of the head If you think that you may have taken the medicine in excess, then you need to go to the emergency department. Take a ride and go. Let me know if I can assist you further. Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor