Feel terrible and giddy after taking sleeping tablet. What to do?

Dr. Vaishalee Punj

Posted on Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I took a sleeping tablet early this m orning, now I feel terrib le and very giddy, what can I do
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX You are experiencing the effects of the medicine. You will continue to experience it until the medicine is flushed out of your system. In case you took lorazepam, then the effect will remain for more than 12 hours. You can try the following: - Drink lots of water or other fluids to flush out the medicines - Take a nap - Take coffee or tea - Do not drive or do other physical work that involves machinery - Get up slowly from the bed, etc - Do not make sudden movements of the head If you think that you may have taken the medicine in excess, then you need to go to the emergency department. Take a ride and go. Let me know if I can assist you further. Dr Vaishalee