Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Feel something in the middle of chest like need to smoke. Burning and scratchy and eats more. Suggest?

Dec 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1704 Questions
I feel something in the middle of my chest, i dont know how to explain it.. Its like when i feel need to smoke a cigarette, like burning, scratchy, and i am a smoker but that feeling is not satisfied, also that makes me eat a lot, i dont have control on it, and i know i am not hungry but simply i cant control it. That happens for three months and i feel so bad because i dont know what is it, i cant satisfied that feeling, it bothers me a lot, and i used to be very skinny, but now i am fat, and that makes me feel depressed.
Thank you
Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Seems like Acid reflux

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

It seems you might be suffering from acid reflux or GERD.
All you will need is antacids to neutralize the acid content that is being excessively secreted in your stomach. The content seems to be moving all the way from your stomach to your oesophagus, then causes that sensation you are having.
Taking antacids or H2 inhibitors might help. Weight gain probably came as a result of eating much. You need to start exercises regularly.
If this persist, then you will need to see a doctor for examination and maybe some run some tests.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Feel something in the middle of chest like need to smoke. Burning and scratchy and eats more. Suggest? 19 hours later
Thank you,
Do you think it is better to see a doctor or take medicines on my hand? What medicines are better and how long i have to take? And also i realised that sometimes i can not eat warm food.
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
your welcome

Detailed Answer:

Antacids or h2 inhibitors can be gotten over-the-counter. You may get magnesium hydroxide (antacids)) chewable tablets (2 tablets twice/trice daily for 5-10 days depending on how you feel) or cimetidine 200mg (2 tabs twice daily) or ranitidine 150 mg (1table twice daily) both being h2 inhibitors. Others used for gastroduodenal ulcers could be protein pump inhibitors such as omeprazole (but could be gotten only through prescription).
I feel it is always better to see a doctor first hand when you have any ill health so he can confirm what ever suspicions you may be having.

Hope this helps further.
Dr. Nsah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pulmonologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor