Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Feel pain while drinking any fluid item but confused whether it is of Chest or heart. Advise?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1979
Answered : 2457 Questions
Hello Sir, I sometimes feel pain while drinking water or any fluid item but I am confused whether it is of Chest or heart. The pain is sometime unbearable which does not allow me to do any thing. Sir please suggest me solution at the earliest.
Posted Fri, 28 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 27 minutes later

I am Dr Shareef, a general surgeon attending to your query.

A few more information would be helpful in coming to a nearest solution of your problem :
1) Do you smoke or take alcoholic beverges ? If yes, you must stop these immediately.
2) How is your diet and bowel habits ? Do you frequently eat from outside and that too spicy junk food kind of thing !! This may give rise to infections of your intestines, which may also result in hyper acidity causing the pain.
3) What is the duration of your present symptoms and did you have any history of hyperacidity earlier ?
4) How is your weight ? Is there history of any loss of weight ?
5) Reports of any investigation done for this problem so far.

Pain while swallowing is usually related to the esophagus and this pain is frequently related to chest pain or that of the heart which may not be there at all.

I would rather wait for your reply to draw my conclusions on your problem. Till that you may start on some proton pump inhibitor and a prokinetic drug after consultation with your doctor.

Good luck and thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor