Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Feel on right hip. Front calf hurts when walk. Due to fall? What can be done?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 394 Questions
I fell on my right hip. My left front calf started to hurt the next day especially when I walk. Is this a result of the fall?
Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Tiwari 41 minutes later

I have read your query.

If your calf is hurting after fall on opposite hip, then the first reason behind your pain at calf region looks to be injury due to fall. Muscles of opposite side of body contracts during fall on opposite. This is a natural phenomenon, which occurs to balance the opposite part of body.

Most probably, your opposite calf muscles over contract to balance the body during fall.

At present you should do warm fomentation over the effected part with rubber bottle.

I treat such patients with good analgesic like Acetaminophen.

Hope this will help you.

With best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Feel on right hip. Front calf hurts when walk. Due to fall? What can be done? 34 hours later
Should I continue normal walking for normal functioning despite the discomfort? Should I continue walking for exercise? How long will this last?
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Tiwari 6 minutes later

You may continue walking but you should not put a strain or stress.Avoid exercise.Take anti inflammatory analgesic for 3-5 days.It may take 1-2 weeks for complete recovery.

Hope this will help you.

Wish you a happy & healthy life.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor