Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Feel nauseated and not eating from anxiety. Suggestion?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Should I go to the er? I feel really nausiated and havnt been eating from anxiety? How long can I do without food? Can I wait till 10 ct to call?
Posted Wed, 4 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You may require hospitalization at this stage

Detailed Answer:

It is better to hospitalize such people and give them IV fluids with dextrose supplemented with multivitamin and mineral drip. So I suggest you to go to the ER and also ask them to call your treating doctor as well for best management. A Psychiatrist referral is important here.

I did not understand what is meant by 10 ct to call? Do you mean central time (CST)? In such a case can you XXXXXXX a doctor in person at his clinic? If yes then you can wait till 10AM (CST). If you cannot XXXXXXX him by 10 AM (CST) then it is better to go to ER.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Feel nauseated and not eating from anxiety. Suggestion? 3 minutes later
How long will they keep me and how much will it cost?
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Observation for couple of hours if vitals are good

Detailed Answer:

If the vitals and glucose levels are good they would observe for couple of hours with one or two points of IV fluids. They can send you home. I am not sure about the cost involved here.

If the vitals are poor or deteriorating they may hospitalize you for few days they are confident that you decide to eat food on your own at home. Important is whether you stay with a partner or parent at home. That is a deciding factor as well.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Feel nauseated and not eating from anxiety. Suggestion? 33 minutes later
Ok im at the er now.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
What is done yet

Detailed Answer:
What is the ER physician opinion? I insist on calling your regular physician about further course of treatment.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor