Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Feel like blood is not circulating in legs. Which specialist should I see?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 2254 Questions
My mother complains of her legs bothering her at night and says her blood is not circulating... What type of doctor should she see? She is 79 years old. She has a heart work up and said she was fine. she has high choletsroal which she hypertension which she takes a low dose prescription. She is normal weight and physical active and has some dementia. I think it is restless leg syndrome but she wants to get her circulation checked?
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the suggestions below...

Detailed Answer:

The doctor you are looking for is the angiologist who can do some tests to see if blood is well circulating in her legs.

However, I would also suggest to see a neurologist too to evaluate the function of the peripheral nerves.

In addition, if I were your caring doctor would check her urine analysis to see if there is any problem with the kidneys and do some blood work especially when it comes to diabetes (check blood sugar).

At the end, you are saying that your mother is taking medicines for high cholesterol without mentioning the name.

Please bear in mind that some medications for high cholesterol, of statins group, are associated with the symptoms your mom has. You can discuss with her doctor in case she is taking statins to change drug.

It is good that your mom is physically active and eating healthy as that will help her overcome such problems.

Hope this answered your inquiry!


p.s. if you have other concern, please write me back!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor