Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Feel like I have something stuck in the throat. Have swallowing difficulty. Whats this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 2549 Questions
I feel like I have something stuck in the left side of my throat, it kind of hurts when i swallow and it's uncomfortable. I've tried drinking water to see if it'd go down but it doesn't. It's been going on for a couple days now. What could it be?
Posted Wed, 27 Feb 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 55 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. Since it has been two days and there is no improvement, it is advisable to seek an examination of the throat by a local ENT Specialist. A videolaryngoscopy may be done if a foreign body is suspected.

2. The most common cause for such a feeling will be a sore throat, tonsillitis, acid reflux or a foreign body.

3. At your age, the chances of any serious cause is very low. However, the examination will enable the doctor to start medication to relieve the throat.

I hope I have answered your query. Please reply back with the answers and I will be able to help you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor