Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Feel body is heat. Temperature is normal. Taking antibiotic for urinary tract infection. Have Rheumatoid. Suggestions?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2585 Questions
Hi, i feel an XXXXXXX heat all over my body. however, whenever i measure it shows normal degree (36-37 degrees). i have this XXXXXXX heat feeling since three months now, i have visited a Urologists who gave me antibiotic thinking that i have a urinary tract infections but without any improvement. i drink around 2 liter / day of water. i am 60 years female, 110 KG weight and 160 CM height. i do have a Rheumatoid in my joints since 5-6 years now. i also have a high blood pressure. however, i take medications for all issues since few years now but never experienced such XXXXXXX heat which gives me discomfort and laziness all over the day. i appreciate your input and what can cause such XXXXXXX heat. Thanks.
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Prasad 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I think we need to assess your body hormones too..

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern. Feeling very warm with almost no documented thermometer changes are seen in some women in this age group. Many of the times, it is body hormone changes that are responsible for such changes. Two hormones which can cause this warm sensation are thyroid hormones in excess and low estrogens. The later is especially common after menopause.

If your arthritis is in control, I do not think it could be related to your warmth sensation. So if I were to be your treating doctor, I would consider the following options:
1. Verify markers of inflammation - blood hemogram and ESR values
2. Check your blood sugar and thyroid hormones.
3. Encourage you to keep drinking plenty of fluids and to rest well.

If the tests are normal, I would suggest you to visit a gynecologist and try take care of your problem.

Hope this helps. Write back for clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Feel body is heat. Temperature is normal. Taking antibiotic for urinary tract infection. Have Rheumatoid. Suggestions? 2 hours later
Thanks for your reply. i have an ESR of 59 now due to my Rheumatoid as doctor said, this value changes in a range of +-20 (35-55).

You think this could cause the heat? (in addition to the other reasons you mentioned).

Answered by Dr. Prasad 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No... That may not be the cause...

Detailed Answer:

Arthritis assessment is more of a clinical assessment than laboratory investigation. Moreover ESR value of 59 is not very bothersome. A value of above 100 is considered to be indicating active inflammation.

Therefore I am not concerned with this ESR value if your arthritic symptoms are better. That would not be the reason for feeling of warmth.

Hope this helped. I will be glad to clarify further if needed.

Thank you and Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Feel body is heat. Temperature is normal. Taking antibiotic for urinary tract infection. Have Rheumatoid. Suggestions? 26 hours later
Thank you. Tests were normal. can i take the HRT without consulting a doctor? i have read about it. can i use it for short term treatment to overcome the heat issues?

Is there any natural alternatives to take other than drinking lots of fluids ?

Answered by Dr. Prasad 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
No, do not use HRT without guidance....

Detailed Answer:

Unfortunately HRT after 60 years of age has its own disadvantages and risks. If you wish to try HRT never use it without understanding the risks and benefits thoroughly. It should not be tried without professional guidance.

As you plan to visit the gynecologist, perhaps you can try alternative options. A few options that might help are :
1. Use of phytoestrogen XXXXXXX food and herbs. Soya products are very XXXXXXX source among the list of food. Among herbs ginseng and other Chinese herb are good source. You may try that.
2. Keep yourself moderately active. I suggest swimming and jogging.
3. Keep away from cigarette and alcohol if any.
4. SSRI antidepressant drug and alpha adrenergic blocker like clonidine is listed as helpful in this regards.
5. Vitamin e supplements can be useful too.

Since I do not have enough experience with HRT therapy, I have provided this answer is based on my own research. You should talk to a competent gynecologist and learn further on this topic.

Hope this helps. Write back if you need clarification
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor